Most people think that in order to make money online they have to blog about “making money online”. This post is going to cover the 8 evergreen niches and the 120 most successful blog topics that make money.
This is so untrue. I can give countless examples of successful blogs in many niches that make a 6 figure income annually.
Here are some blogs that make $5,000+ a month in not the “norm” topics:
Opportunity is everywhere.
You can make money online in most niches however there are some topics that make money more easliy as they are more popular and evergreen.
An evergreen niche is a topic that will always be popular and searched for. It doesn’t rely on seasonal searches or trending topics. Evergreen niches will be popular year after year. Basing your blog on an evergreen niche is going to make it much easier for you to gain traffic and readership which in turn will help you make more money.
The most successful blog topics will give you an idea on what kind of blog posts make money.
The features of these topics are:
- Money Making
- Easy to write
Bonus Tip: Solve the pain point of your audience and they will become loyal readers. Whenever you write a blog post, think WIFM (Whats in it for me?) i.e Whats in it for your reader? What will the reader gain if they read your post?
So if your wanting to start a blog but not sure what to blog about.
You know what you want to blog about but not sure if you can make money in that topic.
You know have a blog but your struggling to come up with topics to blog about.
Then keep reading!
Niche #1: HEALTH
People have been concerned about health from the beginning of man and will be interested in it for the the infinite future.
We have all been there at some point where we have googled for health advice or seen a popular article like “100 Fun Ways to Use Coconut Oil” on Facebook and just had to read it (because we just couldn’t quite believe there was 100 ways to use coconut oil, like how?!?!).
That’s how popular the niche is. It will get nearly everyone in the world interested.
That’s because we are all affected by own individual health. Peope are always striving to feel and look better.
The health industry is huge, like multi billion dollars huge!
So if your thinking of starting a health blog or your in the health niche already, then I can safely say your in a very profitable niche.
Just ensure to stay relevant, offer true value to your readers and keep solving problems for your readers easily (this can be applied to every niche).
Here are some health related blog topics:
- Weight Loss Made Easy for Beginners
- How to Get Healthy On a Budget
- Fat Loss for Lazy People
- Healthy Alternatives for Your Favorite Junk Food Snacks
- Nutrition Secrets for Healthy Weight Loss
- Dealing With Depression While Getting Healthy
- Fast Weight for those Stubborn Last
- Healthy Protien Powders for Muscle Building
- Best Weight Loss Gadgets
- The Keto Diet Made Easy
- How To Go Vegan Overnight
- Must Know Health Hacks
- Weight Loss for Junk Food Lovers
- Reduce Bloating After Eating
- Healthy Drinks That Taste Good
Successful Site Example: Health Ambition
Heath Ambition is a site that writes eye catching and informative articles on everything health.
They use affilate marketing, ads and course creation to monetize their site. It was orginally created by the renowned blogging experts at Authority Hacker back in 2013 as a case study.
Niche #2: FITNESS
The fitness industry is very much like the health industry since they go hand in hand. It too is a multi billion dollar industry.
It’s also a very profitable niche for blogging as people want new ways to effectively get fit. They want to know what’s going to work for them so understanding their problems thoroughly is a must in this niche!
If there was two posts:
1. How To Build Muscle
2. How To Build Muscle, The Easy Way
Which one would you pick to read?
I’m guessing the second one.
Writing an article on just “How to Build Muscle” isnt going to bring in many readers as its so general.
But “How to Build Muscle, The Easy Way” is going to bring in lots of readers as your solving a more crucial pain point.
Building muscle can be hard but your blog post is going to show them how they they can build muscle easily.
Here are some fitness blog topics:
- How to Build Muscle The Easy Way
- Build A Booty With Resistance Bands
- Best Gym Equipment for Beginners
- Cheap Excercise Equipment to Lose Weight
- Weight Loss: Cardio vs Lifting
- Tone Loose Skin After Weight Loss With Lifting
- Rebounder Excercises For Fun
- Low Impact Workouts For Sore Knees
- Weight Loss Workout Plan for Lazy People
- Muscle Building Hacks
- Strengthen Core With Yoga Excercises
- Best Pre-Workout Recipes for Maximum Energy
- Best Post-Workout Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss
- Best Workout Programs for Busy People
- How to Lose Arm Fast/Bingo Wings Fast
Successful Site Example: FITNIZFURY
Romona created FITNIZFURY in Dec 2017 and shes an expert in everything fitness (You dont need to be an expert in fitness to write about fitness though). Her posts grab your attention and deliver too! Romona has monetized her site with her ebooks and affililate marketing.
Niche #3: PERSONAL FINANCE
There was a time when people would go to visit a financial advisor to ensure they were saving, budgeting and investing correctly. It was the only way that you could get advice on financial matters.
Now people are turning to the internet to get their financial help. There are many financial blogs out there that get millions of visitors a month, just proving how popular the niche really is.
The personal finance audience are usually very engaging as they are mostly in a state of desperation to get out of debt, make more money or save for important things.
Personal experience posts of how you improved your own financial situation will be really handy in this niche as your audience will be motivated by the proof.
Here are some personal finance blog topics ideas:
- How to Save For Your Dream Holiday
- Budgeting Tips for People Who Love Spending
- How To Make Money At Home
- How to Save Money on Food Shopping
- How to Live in Luxury With A Tight Budget
- Investing for Beginners
- Best Cashback Companies to Join
- 25 Tips to Earn More Income From Home
- Best Saving Tips For Newbie Savers
- Discount Codes For Essential Purchases
- How to Clear Student Loans Faster
- Tips for Getting Out of Debt
- Ways to Make Money Quickly
- How to Do A Budget For The Month
- Cryptocurrency for Dummies
Successful Site Example: The Penny Hoarder
The Penny Hoarder is one of the main personal finance blogs out there. It started back in 2010 and has become a real go to place for individual seeking financial tips, products and advice. In 2016 The Penny Hoarder brough in $20 million in revenues.
Niche #4: FOOD
Everyone wants to know how to create tasty meals and recipes. There will always be a demand for food blogs as people have to eat to survive! so people naturally want to know how to make tasty food.
Food bloggers sometimes don’t know where to start with monetizing their blog as their audience mainly wants free recipes.
But there are many successful food bloogers out there who have made many $$$ from their food blog.
So when there is a will, there is a way.
Affilate marketing works brilliantly for food blogs.
Say you’ve just written a post on “Chocolate Baking Recipes For Chocolate Lovers”
You can link your favourite chocolate to use in the recipe from amazon with an amazon affiliate link.
When someone clicks that link and purchases the chocolate, you get commission.
If your wanting to start a food blog then here are some blog topic ideas to get you on the path of success:
- Chocolate Baking Recipes for Chocolate Lovers
- 5 Ingredient Meals for Busy People
- Vegan Recipes That Meat Eaters Will Love
- Fried Chicken Done 5 Ways
- Healthy Salad Dressings
- Best Cooking Oils for Flavour & Health
- Tasy Desserts That You Can Make Quickly
- Pasta Salad Recipes That Taste Good
- Sweet Potato Hacks
- Chinese Takeout Recipes That Will Save You Money
- Favourite Cereal Recipes for On The Go Breakfast
- Mexican Food Made Easy
- Fried Rice Done In 7 ways
- Fruity Desserts For The Sweet Tooth
- Vegan Dinners For Busy People
Successful Site Example: Pinch Of Yum
Pinch Of Yum is a food blog that started in 2011. The owners of Pinch Of Yum kindly shared their traffic and income reports with the world up until Dec 2016.
Pinch Of Yum made $52313 in ads alone back in November 2016.
Bonus Tip: High quality photos for your blog posts are a must when it comes to a successful food blog. Theres that old saying of “We eat will our eyes” and its so very true. You can use stock photos or you can take them yourself.
Niche #5: LIFESTYLE
The lifestyle niche is a fairly broad niche. You can pretty much blog about everything and anything that relates to life.
It can include hobbies, interests and everything related to your daily life.
The key to building a sucessful lifestyle blog is to build a loyal following that enjoys your content.
Here are some lifestyle blog topics:
- How to Travel On A Budget
- Travelling Tips For Single People
- DIY Hacks For Storage
- Organising Your Food For The Week
- Interior Design Ideas Made Easy
- Top Cities You Must See
- Beauty Hacks for The Busy Gal
- DIY Fashion Hacks
- Resturants That Will Keep You Coming Back
- Amazing Books to Read
- Hacks That Will Save You Time In Kitchen
- Mommy Tips For Breastfeeding
- Best Workouts For Pregnant People
- DIY Kitchen Hacks
- Dealing With Parenting Anxiety
Successful Site Example: Chasing Foxes
Chasing Foxes was started in 2016 by Silas and Grace. They started their lifestyle blog through their passion for travel. 4 months into blogging they made enough money to travel the world. They monetize their site with ads and affiliate marketing.
Bonus Tip: Lifestyle topics usually bring in huge amounts of traffic as readers are looking for free information. Ads are usually the best way to monetize a lifestyle blog due to the high traffic. Chasing Foxes made over $10000 in ads one month.
Niche #6: PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
The personal development niche is a growing and more popular than before. Anthony Robbins, Les Brown and Jim Rohn brought personal development to the forefront of the modern world.
Everyone wants to be a better version of themselves.
If you can be specific and show your readers how they can improve their personal growth, then your on to a winner.
Here are some personal development blog topics:
- Mindfullness for Beginners
- CBT Therapy 101 for Anxiety
- Best Books To Change Your Habits
- Tips On Improving Sleep
- How to Wake Up Early
- Creating A Daily Success Routine
- Celebrity Sucess Habits
- Improve Listening Skills
- How to Be A Leader In Your Field
- Public Speaking Tips For Shy People
- How to Get Financial Freedom
- Improving Low Self Esteem For Teenagers
- Morning Routine For Success
- Best Personal Growth Blogs
- How to Stay focused On Achieveing Goals
Successful Site Example: Zen Habits
I absolutely love Zen Habits and its minimalist approach to blogging. Its one of those blogs that you cant stop reading. Zen Habits was launched back in 2007 by Leo Babauta. It has over 2 million email subscribers.
Niche #7: HOW TO MAKE MONEY
People are always going to want to know how to make money. Its one of the most lucrative niches and can bring in some serious money.
Showing others how you made money and other blogging proof will help bring in massive traffic. People love to read stories about how someone went from $0 to over $10,000/pm. Its motivational and it shows that the blogger know what they are talking about. Proof counts for alot in the “How to Make Money” niche.
Here are some “How To Make Money” blog topics:
- Best Courses For Blogging Beginners
- How To Start An Etsy Store
- How To Make Extra Money with Amazon
- Best Tools for Blogging
- Income and Traffic Blog Reports
- Amazon Affiliate Marketing Tips
- Money Making Side Hustles
- Start A Freelance Writing Business
- How To Start A Blog
- Earn Money by Captioning
- Learn To Increase Net Worth
- Tips For A Successful Dropshipping Business
- How to Start An Online Business
- Create A Product With Amazon FBA
- How To Make Money With Affilate Marketing
Successful Site Example: Moms Make Cents
Moms Make Cents was created by Mckenzie in 2016. She has a wealth of blogging knowledge but also has the amazing ability to explain technical blog stuff easiliy. She recently started another blog that recieved over 20000 pageviews in the first month.
Niche #8: FASHION
The fashion niche can be tough because it requires unique, fun and useful content. It’s not enough to rely soley on the perfect photos. However it is a great niche that allows you to express an abundance of personality.
“Fashion is something that comes from within you” – Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren got it right! If your passionate about fashion blogging, then dont be afraid to put your own spin on it.
Here are some fashion blog topics:
- New Fasion Trends
- DIY Fashion Hacks
- Must Have Luxury Pieces For Your Wardrobe
- Affordable Designer Handbags
- Important Fashion Piceis Under $100
- Instagram Fashion Trends
- Affordable Jewellery For Everday Wear
- How to Dress For Your Shape
- How to Build Your Designer Items
- Luxury Fashion On A Budget
- Fashion Trends That Must Go
- How to Be Fashionable Easily
- Best Shoes For The Work Place
- Prom Dresses That Look Designer
- Must Have Winter Boots
Successful Site Example: Who What Wear
Who What Wear does fashion blogging perfectly. They have clickable headlines, beautiful photos, engaging content and a bags of fashion knowledge. They monetize the blog with sponsored post, affiliate marketing and ads.
I truly believe that anyone can make money in any niche and I have seen it done countless times. However if your just starting a blog for the first time, then I recommend starting a blog in one of the above evergreen niches. You will find success easier and quicker than picking a random niche.
Bonus Tip: If your really struggling with picking a niche for your blog, then I suggest starting with a lifestyle blog. You can narrow your niche over time once you have a better feel of what you want to blog about. No matter what niche you start in, your blog will grow and develop into something that will look very different from when you first started blogging.
The 120 most successful blog topics will help you come up with even further content ideas. So if you’ve just started a new blog or just stuck for ideas, then please feel free to use these blog topics.
These are just a handful the most successful blog topics. You can easliy find more by researching competitor blogs and doing keyword research.
I hope you have found this post useful in giving you ideas to write some money making posts for your own blog.
If you’ve not started a blog yet and would like to know how to start a successful blog, then check out my post:
Leave a comment below and let me know about your blog.